Voted AUSTRALIA’S FAVOURITE POCKET NAPPY FOR 2012 AND 2013!!
This fabulous OSFM (One Size Fits Most) pocket nappy, is available with your preference of either snaps or hook & loop (Velcro) closures and is also available in either minky or smooth fabric – making it one of the most versatile nappies in our stash.
Issy Bear pocket nappies all have snaps on the front to reduce the rise in the nappy making it fit like a glove from newborn – potty training, fitting babies from 3.5kg to at least 17kg.
These nappies have a suede cloth (stay dry inner) to wick away moisture & protect your baby from nappy rash
The absorbent insert is easily inserted into the pocket of the nappy and can be easily boosted for extra absorbency should your needs require.. ie. nighttime or heavy wetters.
They are fully breathable as opposed to most commercial disposables and water resistant which further helps eliminate nappy rash.
Advantages of a Pocket nappy:
* Once stuffed, they are fitted just like a disposable (making it easy for everyone – even those that are not experienced with cloth nappies).
* One surface to remove poo from – no crevices and multiple seems allowing for easy straight forward cleaning.
* The shell dries very quickly, and as the inserts take a little longer, you can buy more inserts for a fraction of the price of a whole nappy – this means you will require less nappies and save even more money – we love cloth and this is only one way we can make it even more cost effective.
Disadvantages of a Pocket nappy:
* You have to change the whole nappy each time
* The inserts, being so absorbent, take longer to dry.
Designed & Made in Australia.
A small portion of Issy Bear pocket nappies are ethically made in China & are listed at a slightly cheaper price.
Soooo easy to wash:
Simply tip solids into the toilet (using a liner helps with this process).
Rinse under the tap if necessary
Put into a dry bucket – There is no water required in this part of the process – negating the need to soak or bleach or leave unsafe buckets of water containing hazardous chemicals in your home.
Every day or every 2nd day put through a warm rinse cycle
Then wash on 40-60 degrees with the amount of detergent recommended on the detergent packaging of your choice. (We recommend using and eco friendly bio degradable detergent and do not use detergents that contain brighteners, bleaches or enzymes.)
Line dry in the part shade (this exposure to the sun will effectively remove any staining.) and/or warm tumble dry.